wwiillssoonn's staff application

View previous topic View next topic Go down

wwiillssoonn's staff application

Post by wwiillssoonn on Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:31 pm

Steam Name: wwiillssoonn

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:143494291

How many days have you played on the server?
Not sure. I have been a frequent player for a couple of months roughly.

Why do you want to become part of the staff?
I want to be able to help Mjolnir HL2RP combine control as a community. I think that my dedication and knowledge as an admin would be found useful on the server. And I think I can genuinely make a positive impact on the server.

Are you well-known in the server, if so are you liked?
Not very well known. I try to keep my head down and not bring much attention to myself. I hope I'm liked, I haven't yet caused anybody to dislike me.

When does a PK take effect, in what situations?
PK's can take effect in a large variety of situations for the reasons of maintaining quality of role-playing in the server. For example; when a character dies during a scenario that involves role playing. Such as a raid onto the opposing team's base. Reason being; that character should fear the enemy, and being able to re-spawn and attack again negates the fear effect and ruins role-playing.
PK's can also be administered if any rules are broken during the scenario in which the character died. For example; if the character attacked an enemy with no weapon, whilst being outgunned or outnumbered, their death would result in a PK due to the breaking of the FearRP rule.
Other things that may result in a PK my include role-playing a suicide, simply dying during a role-playing scenario, or by the choice of an admin after the death.
Deaths that may not result in a PK would include changing from on/off duty as a CP to on/off duty. Which would trigger the combine radio dispatch to report a biosignal loss. This is inevitable as people flag up and therefore does not end in a PK.
If the players are OOC and someone dies, PK's may also not be applied.

What is the meaning of the term 'PK', and when does it affect?
Give us an example of a 'PK' situation:
PK is the acronym for 'Perma-Kill'. A perma kill is the permanent death of a player's character, preventing them from being able to use that character in the future. It affects the user of that character, as they will need to delete that character. Perma-kills are useful in order to encourage correct FearRP, as well as maintain a good quality of role-play regarding situation in which people may die and would otherwise re-spawn and re-join RP.
An example of a PK situation;
Player 1: You've always hated the CCA, and you know it!
Player 2: Alright, you got me. So fucking what? I've managed to become a Divisional Leader whilst still being able to slowly kill all of your ground units.
Player 1 would tackle the (player 2) in anger.
Player 1 (roll (90))
Player 2 (roll (74))
Player 1 tackles the (player 2), taking him to the ground. He would then attempt to slide him to the edge of the Nexus roof.
Player 1 (roll (80))
Player 2 (roll (20))
Player 1 slides the (player 2) towards the edge of the Nexus roof along the floor, and would then attempt to tip the (player 2) over the edge to his death.
Player 1 (roll (30))
Player 2 (roll (70))
Player 2 rolls over, dodging the (player 1). He would then stumble to his feet and punch the (player 1) hard in the chest with his right hand.
Player 2 (roll (90))
Player 1 (roll (99))
Player 1 dodges and would kick the (player 2) over the edge
Player 1 (roll (40))
Player 2 (roll (39))
Player 1 kicks the (player 2) hard, knocking him well over the edge of the Nexus roof. (player 2) falls to his death.

What is the meaning of the term 'DM', and when does it affect?
Give us an example of a 'DM' situation:
DM is the acronym for 'Death Match'. It is where there is a fight between two or more characters in which someone dies.
Deathmatch affects not only the parties taking place, but also those who are trying to RP around these people. For example; if a plaza raid was conducted and combine and rebels alike were shooting up the plaza, PassiveRP in the plaza's shops and building would halt due to the gunfire. It can also end in PKs and therefore affect the participating parties.
An example of a DM situation;
Multiple combine CP units walk into the apartments during JW.
Suddenly the a door on the top floor locks.
The CP's rush towards the noise in a group of three prepared to breach, expecting hostility.
The CP's stand in a breaching position and carry out the breach per CCA standard.
When the door is blown off, light flashes and bangs are heard, the breaching CP falls down dead.
The other CP's then gain cover, throwing a flashbang into the room, before following it in and killing the rebels.

In this situation, one CP and multiple rebels died. Due to this situation the rebels would expect to be given PK's. This was a deathmatch (not necessarily S2K or S2RP- just an example of a DM), as characters died, even if they may or may not have been PK's.

What is the meaning of the term 'RDM', and when does it affect?
Give us an example of a 'RDM' situation:
RDM stands for Random Death Match. It is when a person or multiple persons initiate a fight or kill another character for no specified reason, therefore being random. It affects not only the people being killed, but most likely an admin will be called and therefore a sit maybe needed to sort it out. Therefore consuming the time of not only the RDM'er, but the victim and the admin, and more parties should they be involved. The RDM'er  can also be kicked/ banned or PK'd. The victim would not be PK'd for being killed by RDM.
An example of an RDM situation;
A man walks out of the train station. He pulls out a gun and instantly shoots dead the first three citizens he can find in the plaza. In an ideal situation, RP would resume as normal and the CP's in the plaza would return fire until the culprit is dead In Character. And THEN the RDM'er would be reported and dealt with by an admin.

Are you only applying for staff so you can spam events?
No, I am not interested in doing events unless told I have to do so. I literally just want to enforce rules and help the server.

What is the meaning of the term 'MG', and when does it affect?
Give us three situations that define the term MG:.
MG stands for Meta Gaming. Meta-gaming is the trade of In Character information over Out Of Character chats.
Meta Gaming is affected when people are blatantly using OOC chat to ask for or provide IC info which they intend to use. It can also be done through steam message, or any other form of communication.
Examples that define MG;
Example 1
[OOC] New player: Where is everyone? (meta-bait, asking for IC information)
[OOC] Player 2: I'm at the canals (meta-bait, providing IC information)
New player travels to said location (meta-gaming, using IC information gained via OOC)

Example 2
[OOC] Player 1: Player 2 just killed me (meta-bait, providing IC information)
[OOC] Player 2: Because you were rogue (meta-bait)
Player 3 kills Player 2 to avenge Player 1 (meta-gaming, RDM)

Example 3
[OOC] Player 1: Is JW on? (meta-bait)
[OOC] Player 2: Yeah (meta-bait)
Player 1 proceeds to hide in trainstation until it ends. (meta-gaming)

Bonus Questions (I don't know any of you personally yet, and I don't want to be weird, so I'll put what I think you want to hear XD)
How sexy is PiLoT?                              All of the sexy
How sexy is Rune Knight?                     Most of the sexy
How sexy is Commander. Pizza roll?       Shares the sexy with the other two

I have only just noticed that the questions ask for "and WHEN does it affect", not "WHO". But I believe I've answered them correctly anyway.

wwiillssoonn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: wwiillssoonn's staff application

Post by kdc0nnvict on Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:58 pm

Hello, just to inform you this forum site is old an no longer in use, I occasionally check it to see if anyone replies here by mistake, you can find the official website at http://mjolnirrp.enjin.com/forum you will need to re apply their.

kdc0nnvict

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wwiillssoonn on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:24 am

Thanks for letting me know buddy. I've already applied on the other one too Smile

wwiillssoonn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top